TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) is any engineering thermoplastic in the class of polyurethanes. TPU properties include elasticity, semi-transparency (when desired) and resistance to oil, grease, abrasion and tearing. OnAdditive’s TPU for 3D printing is formulated for additive manufacturing applications. Please talk to OnAdditive before printing with this material. Black and Clear (natural) are stocked in 1kg (and 2kg Black spools). Red, blue, white, orange, yellow, green and gray colors are available on special order. Please note that limited experience printing colors (other than black and clear) TPU indicate that printing behavior may be different and need additional material profile tuning beyond the standard profiles we offer for black and clear.
- Shore Hardness = 95A
- Significantly greater impact strength than all widely used materials – 84% greater than ABS!
- Industry leading toughness and durability to ensure longevity in printed parts
- Abrasion resistance 40% better than ABS and 76% better than PLA
- 580% elongation capabilities improve ability to withstand wear and tear
- Chemical resistance to many materials, including: naphtha, ASTM Oils #1-3, petroleum and freon
- REACH and RoHS 2002/95/EC Directive compliant
Support materials: Breakaway - SSU00 (limited), Soluble - SSU04